Cauliflower and Green Peas Ambat
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10690 times
This is a konkani dish preferably eaten with steaming hot rice and red chilly papad. Best served piping hot.
- Boil the cauliflower and green peas in salted water till tender and keep aside.
- Pressure cook the dal and cool and keep aside.
- Combine the coconut , red chillies and tamarind and salt and blend in a mixer into a coarse paste and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadai, add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the turmeric powder and the vegetables, mix well and saute for a minute.
- Add the ground masala, mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add the dal, mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by devikaprabhu on 23 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.