Cauliflower Soup ( Low Calorie Healthy Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 214 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 97899 times
Cauliflower Soup! You are quite unlikely to have come across a soup made of only cauliflower! We’ve created this tasty soup from cauliflower, lined with low-fat milk. Cauliflower is low in calories and has very little fat. We’ve added low-fat milk to enhance the protein and calcium content, and onions to mask the cooked flavour of cauliflower. Serve it hot on a chilly winter night. This recipe is perfect for those who like to have milk-based soups!
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the milk and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely. Once cooled, blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same deep non-stick pan, add the celery, salt, pepper and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.