by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 229 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 56991 times
These Parathas are very popular and always made in every household.
It is mostly made on a Sunday for breakfast and served with fresh curds and pickle to make a complete meal. These parathas are also great to take in dabba and eaten when hungry.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the onions and green chilies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the cauliflower and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 4 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander and mix well. Keep aside.
- Divide the cauliflower stuffing into 5 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the cauliflower stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 175 mm. (7") in diameter using whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha on a medium flame, using a little ghee, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 to make 4 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per paratha
|Vitamin A||147.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||14.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||12.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.