Cauliflower Nu Bhanolu ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 98 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30870 times
A mildly-flavoured and easy-to-make snack that is very popular in ahmedabad, cauliflower no bhanolu uses coconut milk as the primary ingredient. The tempering that is sprinkled atop the batter before cooking adds to its zest. This microwave version is very easy and quick to make, adapted to suit today’s rushed cook-hour!
- Combine the coconut milk and besan in a bowl and mix well to make a smooth paste.
- Add the cauliflower, ginger-green chilli paste, sugar, lemon juice and salt, mix well and keep aside.
- Grease a 150 mm. (6”) diameter microwave safe baking dish using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour the batter in it and tilt it clockwise to spread the batter evenly. Keep aside.
- For the tempering, add 3 tsp of oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida and microwave on high for 1 minute. Pour the tempering on the batter. Cover with a microwave safe plate and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Uncover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Divide it into 4 equal portions and serve immediately.
- To make this recipe in an oven, make the tempering of step no 5 and 6 in a small kadhai, pour the tempering over the batter and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 25 to 30 minutes.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.