Cauliflower, Methi and Carrot in White Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14900 times
The pleasing bitterness of fenugreek leaves goes beautifully with the creaminess of cauliflower and the mild sweetness of carrots. This thoughtful assortment of veggies becomes all the more desirable when combined with a lip-smacking white gravy made of onions, milk and myriad spices.
- Combine the onions, milk, cloves, cinnamon, green chillies, ginger and garlic in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow it to cool completely and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the fenugreek leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onion-milk paste and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cauliflower and carrots, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.