Cauliflower Bhanolu ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
3/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 47 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31676 times
Get wind of a Gujarati secret that is passed on from grandma’s memory. A mildly-flavoured snack, Cauliflower Bhanolu uses coconut milk as the primary ingredient. With a little help from your handy kitchen helper, the microwave oven, this recipe can be prepared in minutes.
- Combine the coconut milk and besan in a bowl and mix well to make a smooth paste.
- Add the cauliflower, ginger-green chilli paste, sugar, lemon juice and salt, mix well and keep aside.
- Grease a 150 mm. (6”) diameter microwave safe baking dish using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour the batter in it and tilt it clockwise to spread the batter evenly. Keep aside.
- Put the remaining 3 tsp of oil for the tempering in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida and microwave on high for 1 minute. Pour the tempering on the batter in the baking dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Uncover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Divide it into 4 equal portions and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||71.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||14.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||41.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.