Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3319 times
Cassata is an ice-cream, shaped like a brick, consisting of layers of ice-creams of different flavours on liqueur soaked sponge. This is the Sicilian version of the dessert and appreciated all over the world. Learn an easy way of preparing this delicious Italian dessert cassata at tarladalal.com
- Seperate white & yolk of egg
- Beat white till stiff
- Add egg yolk
- While beating add powdered sugar ,maida add
- Add essence
- Pour in greased tin ,bake in preeheated
- Oven 180degree centigrade for 20 minutes
- Base icecream divide in 3 parts
- One part beat ,add vanilla
- Vanilla icecream pour over cake freeze half hour
- Add grated nuts over it
- 2nd part beat
- Add cococa powder ,choclate essence,pour over nuts again
- Again freeze,1\2 hour
- Add layer of nuts,
- Finally beat third part
- Add strawberry essence ,pink color
- Pour on top ,add nuts
- Set1\2 hour ,
- Place in freezer 1\2 hour
- When set serve
This recipe was contributed by rajni ahuja on 03 Mar 20041.Iam senior citizen,aged72 yrs,
retired deputy librarian from IIT kharagpur ,
42 years of experie...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.