Cashew nut burfi
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2769 times
Store it in a tupper ware. this would last almost for 15 days.
Add your private note
Cashew nut burfi recipe - How to make Cashew nut burfi
Cooking Time: Total Time:
Cashew Nuts - 1 Cup
Sugar - 3/4 Cup
Elachi Powder - 1/2 tea Spoon
Ghee - 1/2 cup
Water - As required
Saffron Stands - 8
- 1.soak cashew overnight in water.
- 2.remove soaked cashews and blend them in a mixer till it become a smooth paste. add little water if required.
- 3.heat a pan and add ghee.
- 4.add sugar when ghee melts.
- 5.add the cashew paste when the sugar melts.
- 6.keep stirring in a low flame.
- 7.in the meanwhile, greese a plate with ghee.
- 8.cashew paste would become thicker and ghee would start ozing out of the paste.
- 9.pour the paste into the greesed plate.
- 10.allow it to settle down in the plate.
- 11.make slices when the mixture is slightly warm with a knife.
- 12.decorate the same with saffron strands.
This recipe was contributed by sups_venki on 07 Jan 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.