Cashew Nut and Tomato Chutney
by Pari_ Vasisht
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12702 times
An unusual chutney with mild flavors. It goes well with dosa and idli.
- Heat 3 tsp oil in a pan, add the ginger, garlic and cashewnuts and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the coconut and saute for 2 minutes.
- ADd the tomatoes, mix well and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the salt, turmeric and chilli powder and mix well.
- Cover and cook the tomatoes with about half cup of water.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked, cool it and then grind the chutney coarsely.
- Heat the remaining oil in a small pan and add the mustard and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and immediately pour the tempering on the chutney.
- Serve with idli or dosa.
This recipe was contributed by Pari_ Vasisht on 16 May 2012A passionate food blogger, I love to try fusion food. I find baking therapeutic and love to bake and...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.