Cashew, Mushroom and Makhana Curry
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9127 times
The richness of this recipe resonates on your palate and in your memory long after you are done with the meal!
With a creamy tomato-onion gravy as the base, this luxuriant curry features an exciting mix of ingredients such as mushrooms and lotus seeds.
A generous dose of sautéed cashewnuts adds a nice crunch and flavour to the curry, making it a really special dish to place on the table. Relish the Cashew, Mushroom and Makhana Curry hot and fresh with naan or roti.
Try other delicious recipes like the Khoya Makhana and the Stuffed Veg Mushrooms with Paneer .
Add your private note
Cashew, Mushroom and Makhana Curry recipe - How to make Cashew, Mushroom and Makhana Curry
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 5 servings
- Combine the tomatoes, onions, cashewnuts and 1½ cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tsp of ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the makhana and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer it in a plate and keep aside.
- In the same pan heat 1 tsp of ghee, add the cashewnuts and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and bay leaves and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the prepared tomato onion gravy, chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the makhana, cashewnuts, mushroom, 1 cup of water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.