by Foodie #514071
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5942 times
A creamy kadhi recipe with cottage cheese and cashew nuts.
Add your private note
Cashew Kadhi recipe - How to make Cashew Kadhi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 5 serving
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together curds with besan, salt and water.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a non-stick pan. Sauté paneer until it turns golden brown. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Blend about 6 soaked cashew nuts in a blender with few drops of water to form a thick paste.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add cumin seeds along with asafoetida . When the seeds crackle and change its colour, add garlic, blended cashew nuts along with onion puree. Add red chili powder and turmeric powder with few drops of water. Cook on medium flame until the gravy thickens.
- Stir in the beaten curd mixture along with the curry leaves. Cook the mixture while stirring continuously till it comes to a boil.
- Now, stir in the sauteed paneer along with the remaining soaked cashew nuts and cook for another 5 -6 minutes until the kadhi thickens. Remove from heat and serve hot with boiled rice.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #514071 on 05 May 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.