Carrots and Coriander Soup
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7044 times
Carrot and Coriander Soup, a light soup flavoured with onion, garlic, bay leaf and coriander that are sautéed in butter to release their fragrance. On a rainy day relish this soup piping hot with corn pakodas or onion pakodas.
- Wash, peel and roughly chop the carrots. Peel and chop onion and garlic. Wash and finely chop fresh coriander leaves and reserve the stems.
- Heat butter in a deep pan, add bay leaves, peppercorns, onions and garlic and saute for two minutes.
- Add carrots, coriander stems and water and let it boil till the carrots are completely cooked.
- Remove the carrots from the stock and blend in a mixer to make a fine puree.
- Boil the stock for sometime, till it reduces slightly, then strain it.
- In a deep pan combine the carrot puree and the strained stock, mix well bring to a boil again.
- Add white pepper powder dissolved in a little water and salt.
- Add the chopped coriander and serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by amohan on 30 Jun 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.