Carrot and Sweet-potato Salad
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14880 times
This salad has a sweet and sour taste. it can be served warm as part of a meal or can be taken as a main course.
the dressing can be poured over the salad or served separately in a bowl.
care should be taken so that the sweet potatoes don’t get mushy due to boiling.
- Peel and roughly dice the sweet potato.
- Pressure cook for 2-3 whistles or until soft.
- Drain the water and set aside in a bowl.
- Boil the carrots for a few minutes, making sure that they remain crunchy.
- Add the boiled carrots to the sweet potato.
- Scoop out the seeds from the tomatoes and roughly chop the flesh.
- In a salad bowl, place the lettuce leaves.
- Mix together the sweet potatoes, carrots, boiled chickpeas and tomatoes.
- Add them in the bowl over the lettuce leaves.
- Blend together the dressing ingredients and add them over the salad.
- Garnish with walnuts, raisins and onion rings.
This recipe was contributed by tanukade on 11 Jul 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.