Carrot and Corriander Soup ( Weight Loss After Pregnancy)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 128 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 50466 times
Carrots and coriander in this yummy soup fulfill up to three fourth of your daily vitamin a requirement. While keeping the calorie count down to only 36 calories this soup wins the ultimate soup for weight watchers award!
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots and ½ cup of coriander and sauté on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of hot water and salt, mix well and pressure cook on a high flame for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- When slightly cool, blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a deep non-stick pan and bring to boil.
- Add the pepper and remaining ½ cup of coriander and mix well. Serve immediately garnished with carrot strips.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 36 calories|
|Protein|| 0.6 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 5.2 gm|
|Fat|| 1.4 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.5 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 996.5 mg|
|Calcium|| 41.9 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.