Carrot and Capsicum Pulao ( Kerala Style)
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13484 times
Carrot and capsicum pula (kerala style) presents a lovely combination of carrots and capsicum with aromatic rice. An appealing and mouthwatering rice recipe, pulao is delicately flavoured with choicest herbs and kerala style spice mixture.
- Wash and boil the rice along with cardamom, cinnamon sticks and bay leaf for 3 minutes.
- Add the salt and a little oil and cook til the rice are almost cooked.
- Spread on a plate to cool, discard the spices out of the rice and keep aside.
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan, add the urad dal and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Add the mustard seeds and when the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and onions , raisins and saute till golden brown.
- Add the carrots and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the capsicum and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut and fry till it turns slightly brown.
- Then add the masala powder , pepper powder, salt and some more oil and saute for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, and pour into a greased baking dish.
- Spread the rice first, sprinkle the saffron in milk, some rose water, and then sread the vegetables.
- Repeat the process and last pour some more rose water.
- Cover the baking dish and bake for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sushila36 on 21 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.