Carrot and Bottle Gourd Soup with Rice and Cheese Balls
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 32 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17198 times
The carrot and bottle gourd soup with rice and cheese balls is as exotic as a soup can be! this wholesome soup of carrot, bottle gourd and potatoes is quite sumptuous and can served as an appetiser or in a larger bowl as a snack in its own right. That said, the innovative twist to this soup lies in the crunchy-munchy garnish of rice and cheese balls. Make sure you drop the balls on the soup just before serving to retain the crispness.
- Combine the carrots, bottle gourd, potatoes, onions and 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth purée and strain it. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep pan, add the prepared mixture, milk, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Shape them into small balls and deep- fry a few balls at a time.
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Just before serving reheat the soup, add the rice and cheese balls and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||330.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.