This recipe has been viewed 1111 times
In India Dosa is one of the popular recipes. It is enjoyed as a snack as well as for lunch. The addition of carrots makes it healthier.
- Blend rava, rice flour and buttermilk in a mixer to make a thin batter, add asafoetida and salt. The batter should be thin, add water if required.
- Keep aside to ferment for at least 6 hours.
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast the peppercorns and cumin seeds, add to the batter.
- Add the green chillies, coconut, carrots, curry leaves and cashewnuts, mix well.
- Grease a non stick tava (griddle) with a little oil. Pour a ladle full of the batter and spread by swirling the tava to form a thin circle.
- Smear a tablespoon of oil on the sides, cook till the dosa is crisp and golden brown in colour and fold over to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more dosas.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by Moloy on 20 Jun 2016Myself Moloy Pandit from Kolkata ( INDIA ).I love cooking. My passion is different types of cuisine...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.