by Radha Hoizal
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5378 times
Carrot Rabdi, carrots and khoya simmered in the milk to give a nice tasty rabdi.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and cook the carrots, casewnuts for 2 minutes till the raw smell of the carrot goes and cashewnuts turns pink.
- Remove from flame and cool to room temperature.
- Grind the carrots- cashew mixture to a coarse paste by adding 2-3 tbsp of milk.Keep aside.
- In a deep vessel boil the milk, add the prepared carrot paste, khova and sugar, mix well and cook till the sugar dissolves and milk is little thicker, by stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve hot garnish with roasted cashew and raisins.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 05 May 2011Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.