Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16366 times
Carrot pulao is a vitamin a rich pulao recipe which looks great, tastes good and makes for an irrestible pulao recipe, especially for children.
- Soak rice for 10-15 mins, drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small pan, add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cloves, cardamoms and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add the onions and ginger-garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the green chillies and carrots, mix well and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and saute for a while.
- Add 1/2 cup milk and 1 1/2 cup of water, mix well and bring it to boil.
- Add salt and coriander and mix well.
- Add a tbsp of ghee, mix well and cook the rice is cooked.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by vidhyarajavel on 21 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.