Carrot Payasam By Kamalacute
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5458 times
A lovely kheer or payasam recipe, carrot payasam is not only rich in taste and looks, but also high in health benefits. The grated carrots makes for an unique combination in the milk and is best enjoyed with chopped nuts and raisins as garnish
- Cook the carrot in enough water till they turn soft.
- Drain, cool and blend in a mixer into a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep pan, add the carrot paste and saute for 15 minutes.
- Add the sugar and some water and mix well.
- Add the milk and bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with the cardamom and cashews.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by kamalacute on 21 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.