Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3991 times
Carrot Pakodas are a perfect accompaniment with a cup of hot tea or coffee. Made with grated carrots, besan and perked up with chilli powder and fennel seeds, these crisp but soft pakodas are also quick to make, as the batter can be easily prepared without any grinding or fermentation. For binding the batter do not add any water, as the juice of the grated carrots binds all the ingredients together.
- Combine all the ingredients expect the oil without adding water and mix well.
- Divide the dough into small equal sized balls.
- Flatten the balls and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the balls till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Serve hot with sauce or chutney.
This recipe was contributed by Bhuvanasathya on 26 Nov 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.