Carrot Kheer By Ishaji
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6149 times
Carrot kheer or gajar ka kheer is a lovely sweet dish recipe with the grated carrots cooked in milk along with sugar and elaichi powder.
- Peel the carrot and chop into big pieces and pressure cook along with the cashewnuts for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid, cool and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer in a deep pan along with milk and sugar.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, while stirring in between.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Add the almonds and cool and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve chilled.
This recipe was contributed by ishaji on 21 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.