Carrot Flower ( Vegetable Carvings)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19039 times
Another simple flower decoration piece for your delicious meals!
Add your private note
Carrot Flower ( Vegetable Carvings) recipe - How to make Carrot Flower ( Vegetable Carvings)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time: Total Time:
Makes 1 flower
a centre piece
tikki platter1 orange carrot1 banana leaf
- Peel the carrot and cut around 2” long and 1” wide rectangle. Place it vertically on a chopping board and make 4 cuts downwards till around 1 cm space is left at the bottom.
- Turn the carrot to make similar 4 cuts in the opposite direction to the previous cuts, immerse them in ice-cold water for 15 minutes to make it crisp.
- Remove 1 carrot strip from each end so as to get a good shape.
- Take a small piece of banana leaf and cut 5 pieces into a pentagon shape as shown, using scissors.
- Gently open the slits of the carrot. Arrange the banana leaf pieces and place the carrot on it.
- Make small v-shaped cuts on the side opposite to the tapering end of each the 5 piece.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.