Carrot, Cucumber and Curd Rice, South Indian Tiffin Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 64 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34536 times
Traditional South Indian fare, and a favourite especially with tamil brahmins, the carrot, cucumber and curd rice is a frequent choice for the ‘tiffin box’!
It is really a refreshing dish to prepare on hot summer days to complement a meal of roti and subzi.
You will be surprised to see the value-add that the simple tempering imparts to this easy preparation. It can be had chilled at home, or packed in a box for lunch .
Also do try other exciting South Indian rice dishes like Bisi Bele Bhaat , Chitrana Rice and Sundal Rice .
- Put the rice in a large bowl and mash with a potato masher till smooth.
- Add the curds, milk, cucumber, carrots, coriander and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, red chillies and asafoetida and sauté for a few seconds.
- Pour this tempering over the rice mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||867.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||5.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||16.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.