Carrot Crêpes With Rabadi ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14836 times
East meets west in this blending of desserts! carrot halwa, an all-time favourite indian sweet, is rolled within freshly made crêpes, topped with thickened milk, and baked! a hot serving of carrot crêpes with rabdi is a delicacy everybody will relish. You can prepare the crêpes, halwa and rabdi a day in advance and refrigerate them. When you wish to serve the crêpes, dip the box of refrigerated crêpes in hot water for at least two minutes.
- Steam the carrots in a steamer over boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till the water is almost absorbed, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk powder and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Sprinkle the almonds and cardamom powder on top and mix well mix well and keep aside.
- Divide the halwa into 6 equql portions and keep aside.
- Place a crêpe on a dry flat surface, spread a portion of the carrot halwa on one end of the crêpe and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat the same procedure to make 9 more stuffed crêpes.
- Arrange the crêpes on a baking dish, spread the rabadi evenly on top of crêpes and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with almonds.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.