Carrot & Coconut Curry
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10571 times
Carrot and coconut curry is a novel preparation with chopped carrots cooked in a delicious coconut gravy. This South Indian cuisine inspired vegetable recipe is typically enjoyed with boiled rice and pickle.
- Chop carrots into small pieces. finely chop onion and slice green chilis length wise. keep aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil and when oil is hot add mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds start popping, add chopped onions, turmeric, salt and green chili. fry for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add chopped carrot, coriander leaves, curry leaves, and fry for another ten to twelve minutes until carrot pieces are cooked
- Now add grated coconut and fry for four minutes.
- Remove from heat.
This recipe was contributed by bhaviniparekh2001 on 03 Jun 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.