Caribbean Black Bean Dip
by Shreya Jaiswal
This recipe has been viewed 7281 times
A delicious black bean dip cooked in Caribbean style. Serve with tortillas or with our Indian bread Roti and Naan.
Add your private note
Caribbean Black Bean Dip recipe - How to make Caribbean Black Bean Dip
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 1 cup
- Heat oil in a pan and saute garlic, ginger and onions. Add spices(all spice, cumin, thyme, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon) and Tabasco sauce in oil and cook until onions are soft.
- In a blender or food processor, blend 1/4 cup of bean cooking liquid and cashew nuts to a paste.
- Add the cooked beans along with a little more of the cooking liquid, blending until smooth.
- Blend in the onion and garlic mixture, and tahini.
- Add lemon juice and salt to taste.
This recipe was contributed by Shreya Jaiswal on 15 Apr 2011Hi I am Shreya from Nagpur. I am an Interior Designer by profession.
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.