by Apoorva Venkatesh
This recipe has been viewed 1494 times
This recipe came into picture when we were making pizza at home. We brought 6 pizza bases for 5 of us. We prepared pizza with all the veggie toppings. It was very yummy indeed. But then our tummy was full and 1 pizza base was left over. I did not have the mood of having pizza again. So I started wondering what can be done with the pizza base except pizza. I searched the internet to find but there was none. Then I sat thinking if I can come up with some recipe of my own. Then this recipe striked my mind. Initially I was not sure if this recipe would come out well so I chopped a small portion of the pizza base and experimented. My family members loved it. Then I was confident and went ahead with the recipe with the left over base.
So I thought I will share this with you all. Here is how the recipe goes. Its a very simple recipe that can be quickly prepared.
- Take the left over pizza base and cut it into shapes as per your wish.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in pan and fry the pizza base pieces till they turn golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare sugar syrup on the other burner of the stove.
- Remove the golden fried pizza base pieces in a plate.
- Once the syrup is done put the golden fried pizza base pieces into the hot syrup and let it stand for 2 minutes.
- Now remove the pieces from the syrup and keep it in a plate.
- Take the roasted chana dal powder and put it in the left over syrup and mix well till, If it forms a thick paste, add a little more syrup and if this mixture looks very dilute then powder and add some more besan and mix well.
- Once this is done, take the golden fried pizza base pieces and make a small slit.
- Be very careful while making the slit because this might break the pieces as they are soft.
- Once the slit is done, take the sugar syrup and besan paste and fill inside the slit of all the pieces carefully.
- Don't try to fill in too much as it might break the piece.
- Once you have filled the pieces with mixture, arrange the pieces on the serving plate in your desired shape.
- After arranging, take the left over filling mixture and keep it on top of the pieces to decorate it.
- You can also keep chopped dry fruits on top of this mixture as a variation.
- You can serve the dish immediately or you can refrigerate and serve it chilled.
This recipe was contributed by Apoorva Venkatesh on 16 Aug 2014I am a big foodie.. I love cooking as well as eating. So i keep trying new recipes whenever I am fre...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.