Caramelized Onions and Cheese Panini
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6118 times
There is something unexplainably awesome about caramelized onions. Whether it is its nice pinkish hue, the strong aroma or its unique sweet and spicy taste, we don’t know, but it never fails to please anyone.
In this yummy snack, we have made a Panini using caramelized onions and cheese, with a little jalapenos for a juicy spicy touch.
Panini is a type of grilled sandwich made with breads like baguette, ciabatta and michetta. In specific, it is not made with regular sliced bread. Whenever a variety of Panini bread is available, it is better to use that. However, if you cannot lay your hands on one, you can use hot dog rolls like we have done here.
You can also try other Panini recipes like Tomato Basil Mozzarella Panini and Cream Cheese Veg Panini .
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Slit a hot dog roll horizontally using a sharp knife and apply 1 tsp of butter on each halve.
- Put half the mixture of caramelized onions , 1 tsp of jalapenos and 2 tsp of grated processed cheese on the lower halve of a bread roll.
- Close the bread roll and brush ½ tsp of butter on top of the bread and grill in a greased pre-heated sandwich griller for 5 minutes or till they turn crispy and brown from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 1 more panini.
- Cut each panini diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
- Serve immediately.
Caramelized Onions and Cheese Panini by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per panini
|Vitamin A||449 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.