Caramel Soufflé , Caramel Soufflé with Eggs
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
This recipe has been viewed 2248 times
Wondering whether there is one dessert that can please all? Well, it has to be a soufflé! With a indescribable consistency that is fluffy, creamy, soft and melt-in-the-mouth, soufflés have a knack of making everybody smile.
This is one such admirable souffle, which uses eggs to get an authentic, super-soft mouth-feel. The rich flavour of caramel heightened by the addition of brown sugar gives this soufflé a taste that pampers your senses.
Make sure the oven-safe bowls are filled only up to half to avoid spilling when the souffle rises. Also ensure that the caramel mixture is completely cool before adding the egg white mixture.
The Caramel Souffle should a little unset in the middle, but should not be runny after baking. The right consistency is the key to the success of a souffle, so take good care of this aspect.
You can also try your hand at making other soufflés like the Mango Souffle or Strawberry Soufflé .
- Grease each oven safe bowls with ½ tsp of butter, sprinkle 1 tsp of brown sugar evenly at the bottom and the sides. Remove the excess sugar by inverting the bowls. Keep aside.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks in 2 separate bowls.
- Combine the caramel sauce, egg yolks, plain flour and vanilla essence in a saucepan, mix well and cook on medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Beat the egg whites in a deep bowl with the help of an electric beater, while adding the powdered sugar little by little till it forms soft peaks.
- Add the caramel-egg-yolk mixture and fold it gently using a spatula to get a smooth mixture.
- Pour equal quantities of the batter into greased and dusted oven safe bowls.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per caramel soufflé
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.