Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8914 times
Caramel kheer is an innovative rice kheer recipe with sugar caramelized and added to the kheer recipe to render a delectable brown color and unique taste.
- Heat the ghee in a deep pan, add the bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves ,cardamom and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add the rice and saute for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and transfer in a bowl and keep aside.
- In the same deep pan, add 2 tbsp sugar and cook on a slow flame till the sugar caramelizes.
- Add the milk, fried rice and spices and when the milk starts boiling, cover and cook on a slow flame for 20 minutes.
- Open and add the sugar and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp ghee in a small kadkai, add the nuts and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add these to the kheer and mix well.
- Serve hot or chilled.
This recipe was contributed by chitvish on 21 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.