Caramel Custard ( Eggless)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 395 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 147911 times
Caramel is a flavour with universal appeal. From popcorn and nuts to cakes and pastries, caramel has the power to make your reaction change from ‘like it’ to ‘love it’!
Let’s watch the magic of caramel unfurl in this all-time favourite Mexican dessert. The Caramel Custard is an absolutely fab creation featuring luscious custard baked in attractive caramelized moulds. You will love the interplay of textures and flavours in this exotic dessert
- Heat the sugar in a small non-stick pan on a slow flame for 8 to 10 minutes, while tilting the pan occasionally after the sugar has melted.
- Pour equal quantities of the caramel mixture in 6 ramekins moulds of 75 mm. (3”) diameter. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Combine ½ cup of milk, cornflour, gelatin and vanilla essence in a bowl mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 cups of milk and sugar in a deep non-stick pan and boil on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the milk-cornflour mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Strain the mixture using a strainer.
- Pour the mixture into the caramelized moulds and keep aside.
- Take an aluminium tray, fill it with 1 cup of water, place the 6 moulds on it at equal intervals.
- Cover with an aluminium foil and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 30 minutes. Cool completely.
- Put it in the fridge for 2 hours, loosen the sides of the moulds using a knife, demould and serve.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.