Capsicum and Corn Rolls
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 116 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34288 times
Capsicum and Corn Rolls sounds like a gourmet preparation—but see how quickly you can make it at home using this simple technique. Here, crisp bread slices are stuffed with a cheesy corn and capsicum mixture and deep-fried to a perfect golden brown. Remember to use day-old bread for perfect crispness.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, mix well using a whisk and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till it gets thick, while stirring continuously.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix well.
- Remove from the flame, allow it to cool slightly.
- Once slightly cooled, add the corn, capsicum and cheese and mix well.
- Divide the filling into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place the bread slices on a clean, dry surface and remove the crust.
- Dip each bread slice in water and squeeze out the water by pressing lightly between the palms of your hands.
- Put a portion of the mixture on one side of the bread slice, roll it up tightly and seal the edges.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry 2 bread rolls, at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values per roll
|Vitamin A||201.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||10.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.