Capsicum Rice By Kamalasrinivas
This recipe has been viewed 6649 times
Simple, easy and delicious capsicum rice with chopped capsicum and ground spice powder. The capsicum rice is a nice variation to the good old pulao or chawal recipe. Tastes fantastic when served with papad and raita.
- Soak the rice for 5 minutes and drain.
- Heat a little oil in a pressure cooker add saute the soaked and drained rice for few minutes, add salt and pressure cook. The rice should not be over cooked.
- Heat the oil in a pan and roast all the ingredients till golden brown in colour and grind in a mixer to a fine powder.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the mustatd seeds and urad dal. When the seeds crackle add the peanuts and curry leaves.
- Add the onions and saute till light brown.
- Add the capsicum, turmeric powder, a little ground masala powder and salt. Cook on a low flame for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and remaining masala powder, mix well.
- Serve with papad, raita.
This recipe was contributed by kamalasrinivas on 23 Aug 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.