Capsicum Karwar Style
by asmitha potdar
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5462 times
A Karnataka special vegetable treat recipe, THE Capsicum karwar style is truly authentic in its taste and flavours. The capsicum are stir fried with roasted peanuts, red chillies and seasoned with curry leaves and hing or asafoetida. Enjoy with jowar rotis or rice.
Add your private note
Capsicum Karwar Style recipe - How to make Capsicum Karwar Style
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- 1.grind the paste using 1/2 cup water.
- 2.heat oil, add mustard seeds, whole chillies, allow to splutter.
- 3.add asafoetida and curry leaves. stir.
- 4.add capsicums, stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- 5.add ground paste, jaggery, salt, turmeric powder and peanuts.
- 6.stir and add 1/4 cup water. boil and simmer for 7-8 minutes.
- 7.gravy must be thick.
- 8.serve hot with roti or rice.
This recipe was contributed by asmitha potdar on 07 Oct 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.