Capsicum Kadhai Masala
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2349 times
A Yummy recipe for Capsicum Lovers ! Trust me it taste soo good with Roti, Naan, Chapathi and Plain or Jeera Rice
Add your private note
Capsicum Kadhai Masala recipe - How to make Capsicum Kadhai Masala
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 2 to 4 servings
- First dry roast all the ingredients separately (peanuts, coriander seeds, cumin, cashew nuts, sesame, poppy seeds, red chillies, cinnamon stick and coconut) until you get the odour and let them cool for sometime.
- Later grind them into a fine powder due to the presence of coconut and sesame the powder gets sticky.
- After this take the raw tomatoes into the grinder and make a paste.
- Now take a pan, put some oil for frying, put the potatoes and fry till they turn light golden brown and keep it aside.
- Now in the same oil fry the capsicum till crisp and keep it aside.
- Now take a kadhai or pan put some oil when the oil gets heated put the bay leaf, cloves, cumin seeds then the onions and ginger garlic paste. Let the onions change colour.
- Later put the fried potatoes and capsicum.
- Add some salt and turmeric powder.
- Then put the raw tomato paste and cook for 2-3 min.
- Now put the masala powder we prepared add some water and cook for 5 min with the lid on
- Put the red chilli powder, garam masala, fresh cream and mix well cook for another 1-2 min.
- If the gravy thickens add some water.
- Top it with coriander and serve hot with roti or naan.
This recipe was contributed by DollyChef on 16 Sep 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.