Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16178 times
An authentic south indian way of preparing capsicum gojju or vegetable recipe with chopped capsicum, freshly scraped coconut and dry red chillies.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil and add all the ingredients, except the capsicum, mustard seeds and tamarind, and saute for 3 minutes.
- Cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth powder.
- Heat the remaining oil in a kadhai, add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the capsicum and saute till they are cooked.
- Add the ground masala, tamarind pulp and the jaggery, mix well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Boil the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.
This recipe was contributed by mrvanishree03 on 21 Aug 2011Hi, I am a Bharathanatyam artiste based in Chennai. I'm married and have a daughter who has just ent...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.