Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1676 times
Capscup is a stuffed capsicum recipe with deseeded capsicum cups stuffed with a tempting mix of mashed potatoes, grtaed cheese, coen kernels, green peas and spices.
- Choose capsicums which can stand straight on their base, for easier cooking.
- Cut top like a small lid. keep stalks intact.
- Run the bread in a dry mixie to form crumbs.
- Put capsicums and tops in salty boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain, dot with butter and keep aside.
- In a microwave proof large bowl, place the butter.
- Melt in microwave for 10 seconds.
- Remove, add the washed kernels, peas and sprinkle some water.
- Cover with a loose lid or clingfilm (pierce for steam to pass).
- Microwave on medium for 4 minutes.
- Remove, add chilli, garlic, half the cheese, salt and bread crumbs.
- Return to oven and cook on high for 2 minutes.
- Stuff the mixture into the capsicums.
- Sprinkle cheese on stuffing and place lids back.
- Microwave open for 2 minutes on high.
- Stand covered for 3-4 minutes.
This recipe was contributed by poojajaising on 16 Apr 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.