Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5125 times
Topped with creamy icing and a dusting of cinnamon, the popular cappuccino coffee-flavored Cappuccino Doughnut is the ideal accompaniment to evening time tea or coffee breaks.
- Combine all the ingredients except the butter in a bowl and knead into a soft dough.
- Add the butter and knead again till the dough is smooth and elastic (approx. 3 to 5 minutes).
- Cover with a wet muslin cloth and allow it to prove until it doubles in volume (approx. 15 to 20 minutes).
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air.
- Roll out the dough into a sheet of 6 mm. (1/4") thickness.
- Cut out 75 mm. (3") diameter circles with a cookie cutter and using a verysmall cookie cutter, cut out th centre portion of each circle, to create a hole in the centre.
- Knead the left-over portion of the dough lightly and repeat steps 5 and 6.
- Cover with a wet muslin cloth till the doughnuts double in volume again (approx. 5 to 10 minutes).
- Lift carefully and deep fry in hot oil oven a medium flame until both sides are golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper and place on a serving palte.
- Dust the castor sugar mixture generously on top of the doughnuts.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by hemsmurali on 05 May 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.