Canneloni - Neapolitan Style ( Fast Foods Made Healthy Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 38 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12494 times
Very often we impress our guests with this robust italian pasta dish baked in tomato sauce and cheese. You would be surprised to know that one serving of this dish provides 434 calories against its low fat version which adds upto only 190 calories per serving. To minimize your calorie intake, check out the low calorie version of cannelloni.
- Mix the flour, 1 tsp of oil and salt. Add water and knead into a semi-soft dough.
- Keep the dough for 1 hour covered with damp muslin cloth. Thereafter, divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into small thin circles.
- Boil plenty of water in a vessel and add 3 tsp of oil to the boiling water.
- Drop one round at a time into the boiling water, cook for ½ minute and transfer into cold water. Repeat for all the remaining circles. Just before use, drain out and discard the water.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the boiled vegetables, mashed potatoes, tomato ketchup, chilli powder and salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of water to the tomatoes and simmer till they are soft. Cool and make a puree by passing through a strainer.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and sauté for a few seconds in a pan. Add the crushed garlic and sauté for a few more seconds.
- Add the tomato puree, sugar, chilli powder and salt and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cheese and dried oregano and mix well.
- Fill each pasta circle with a tbsp of the prepared stuffing and roll up.
- Arrange all the filled pasta on a greased baking dish, pour the hot tomato sauce and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- You can also use ready made lasagne sheets. Cook them as per the instructions on the packet and fill with the stuffing mixture.
Nutrient values per serving
|Calories|| 434 cal.|
|Fat|| 16.9 gm.|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.