Calcium Rich Parathas
by LOPA SHAH
This recipe has been viewed 4144 times
Here is another type of parathas which is very very tasty, healthy, and nutritious and is very rich in calcium. This parathas are made from ragi and wheat flour and the dough is prepared in different way, yes the dough is cooked using drum stick stock like khichu and then the parathas are made from the same dough.So try and enjoy this healthy and calcium rich parathas.
- Cut drum sticks in small pieces and Boil in water for 10-12 minutes or till it becomes soft and tender.
- Drain and keep aside the stock.
- In a pan heat 1 to 1 ½ cup of drum stick stock, add little water.
- Add chili ginger garlic paste,fenugreek leaves,sesame seeds, salt, turmeric powder,cumin seeds and dry fenugreek powder, mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add red millet and wheat flour, stir with rolling pin for a while or till it becomes little dry.
- Transfer to bowl, cool to room temperature.
- Knead well.
- Roll out paratha using little oil.
- Heat non stick tava( Gridle),grease with little oil.
- Cook paratha from both the sides using little oil till golden brown on slow flame.
- Similarly prepare other parathas
- Serve hot with garlic chutney.
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 20 Oct 2011Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.