Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8546 times
The caby koftas or cabbage dumplings are cooked in a spicy thick onion-tomato based gravy. The gram flour or besan blended cabbage or caby koftas are fried and simmered in the curry for this delicious recipe.
- Take the shredded cabbage in a bowl, add the besan and salt, mix well and shape them into small equal round balls.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the balls till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the onions, tomatoes, ginger and coriander seeds and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the bay leaf, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add the prepared paste and salt, mix well and saute for 4 minutes.
- Just before serving, pour the gravy on koftas, mix well and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by padminiv on 21 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.