by Tarla Dalal
Added to 66 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15459 times
A simple lunch-time pudding. Serve hot.
- Remove the crust from the slices of bread and cut into small cubes.
- Grease a basin thickly and stick the rasins all over inside.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and salt.
- Add the milk and vanilla essence and beat again.
- Put the bread cubes into the basin and pour over the milk.
- Leave to soak for 30 minutes.
- Cover the basin with a grease-proof paper and steam gently for 1 hour.
- Turn out and serve with jam sauce or sweetened cream.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.