Cabbage and Pineapple Salad
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 74 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27412 times
You will be surprised how delightful this simple combination turns out.
- Shred the cabbage very finely.
- Chop the celery and capsicum.
- Chop the pineapple, leaving one slice for decoration and put to chill. Keep aside the syrup.
- Keep the cabbage, celery and capsicum in ice-cold water for 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, mix the cabbage and pineapple pieces, celery, capsicum, sugar and salt. Add 2 tablespoons of the pineapple syrup.
- Slice the beetroot and add salt and pepper.
- Arrange the salad on a bed of lettuce leaves. Decorate with beetroot slices and put a pineapple slice in the centre.
- Serve chilled. If you like, serve French dressing separately or pour on top just before serving.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.