by Foodie #537516
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6617 times
A good change in cooking upma by addition of cabbage, garlic replacing routine onions. This makes this dish tasty and a mouth watering dish.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, urad dal, chana dal and red chillies and saute till dal turns golden brown.
- Add the garlic and cabbage and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the fried nuts and 500 ml of water, mix well and bring to boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt and semolina, while stirring continuously on a low flame and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and close the lid for 2 mins.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #537516 on 22 Jan 2012Hi,
Im Mrs.Vidya Bhaskar ,currently living in Cayman Islands hailing from India..Im interested to...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.