Cabbage Soya Koftas in Coriander Tomato Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19359 times
Tangy tomato and peppy coriander are a made-for-each-other combination. A gravy made of this duo is nothing short of a runaway success! This delicious gravy is a treasure-trove of folic acid, while the unique koftas made of cabbage, soya granules and paneer pool in loads of fibre, protein and calcium. Serve the Cabbage Soya Koftas in Coriander Tomato Gravy immediately and fresh for the best flavour and texture.
- Soak the soya granules in enough hot water for 5 minutes. Drain and squeeze the soya granules thoroughly to remove all the excess water. Discard the water.
- Combine the soya granules and all the remaining ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a round ball. Steam in a steamer for 5 minutes and keep aside.
- Combine the tomatoes and 1 cup of water in a deep non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth pulp and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the coriander-onion paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato pulp, turmeric powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, add the cabbage soya koftas to the tomato gravy, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.