by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 31 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39745 times
These steamed dumplings can be served either as a farsaan with a meal or as an anytime snack.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead to make a soft dough using a little water if required.
- Divide the dough into a 3 equal portions and shape each portion into a cylindrical roll of about 125 mm (5") in length.
- Place the rolls on a greased steaming dish and steam for 10 to 12 minutes till firm.
- Remove, cool and cut into 25 mm (1") thick slices.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Add the sliced muthias and sauté over a low flame till they are lightly browned.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.