Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17633 times
A delicious dish and can be cooked with very little amount of spices and oil. Very healthy and also one of my favorites. Hope you all like it.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan or wok.
- Add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds and let it crackle.
- Add 1/2 tsp of hing.
- Add the dry red chilli and let it get fried in the oil for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes and fry them for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, capsicum and green chilli and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute well.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and garam masala and saute for 4 to 5 minutes for the masalas to cook completely.
- Add the cabbage and saute till the whole masala is mixed completely.
- Add salt as per our taste and mix well.
- Add half cup of water and mix well for another 3 to 4 minutes till the masala is completely dissolved.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 15 to 18 till the cabbage is soft.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
This recipe was contributed by Sandipan on 24 Jul 2013Simple and enthusiastic guy with a passion for food and cooking. Though I don't cook regularly due t...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.