Cabbage Masala ( Healthy Subzi)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Cabbage Masala ( Healthy Subzi) in Hindi)
Added to 94 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 52252 times
An unusual preparation of cabbage and green peas perked up with an aromatic and flavourful paste of cooked onions, ginger and spices. What makes this fibre and vitamin C rich Cabbage Masala interesting is the mild crunch, so make sure you cook the cabbage only for the required time, and not make it mushy.
- Combine the onions, ginger, red chillies, cloves, cardamom and ½ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes or till the water evaporates, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste, using 1 tbsp of water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and add the prepared paste and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage, green peas and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.