by Foodie #519957
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7765 times
Cabbage idly is prepared as a side dish in mangalore. Good to taste as most of us like idly. Best for children as they need to be pampered a lot to eat veggies.
- Clean,wash and soak toovar dal and rice together for 2 hours.
- Combine the coconut, red chillies and tamarind in a mixer and blend into a coarse paste by adding little water.
- Add the toovar dal and rice and blend again into a medium consistency paste.
- Add the salt and blend in a mixer again.
- Transfer the ground masala into a bowl and add cabbage and onions and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into greased idli moulds and steam in a steamer for 25 minutes.
- Serve hot by sprinkling oil while eating.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #519957 on 21 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.